Purifeyes harnesses the power of one of the most natural and effective known biocides - hypochlorous
Ocular inflammation is consistently found in patients with dry eye and has become a reliable biomarker for both symptomatic and asymptomatic sufferers. An important part of the management of this inflammation is to reduce the bacterial load on the lid-margin.1,2,3
As a non-pharmacological alternative to topical antibiotics a hypochlorous spray should be considered.
Hypochlorous, when in a spray form such as Purifeyes, may also help notoriously poor compliance levels and introduce a new level of patient care.
How Purifeyes works
Purifeyes works by reducing microbial overgrowth, inflammation and long-term dry eye symptoms. The solution cleanses, refreshes, soothes and hydrates, providing antimicrobial protection without the risk of microbial resistance.
It cares for the delicate periocular skin, eyelids, eyelashes and eyebrows for normal and sensitive eyes and is suitable for all ages.
Purifeyes can be used before contact lens insertion and removal, before and after sports, before lash and brow treatments and for daily hygiene. It can also be used for public transport/in-flight hydration and antimicrobial protection, as well as post periocular surgery aftercare.
The solution is easy to apply and can be sprayed directly onto the eye and surrounding area, or onto a cotton pad or gauze.
Purifieyes is recommended for the treatment, prevention and protection of eyelid margin inflammation which affects nearly all glaucoma patients on long term topical prostaglandin analogues, 60% of contact lens wearers and 85% of long-term VDU and digital device users.
Benefits of Purifeyes
Read the news on
Find out more about this event here. Date: 24-25 June 2022 Location: Hard Rock Hotel LondonGreat Cumberland PlaceLondonW1H…
An innovative company delivering the latest developments in Optometry, Ophthalmology, Dispensing, Contact lenses and Business/Marketing.
SightCare Business & Networking Conference for Independent Optical Practices.
Interested in using Purifeyes in your practice?
Contact us to find out more about Purifeyes and to order.
1. Machalinska A, Zakrazewska A, Adamek B, et al. Comparison of morphological and functional Meibomian gland characteristics between daily contact lens wearers and non-wearers. Cornea. 2015;34(9):1098-104.
2. Wu H. The severity of the dry eye conditions in visual display terminal workers. PLoS One. 2014;9(8);e105575.
3. Mocan MC, Uzunosmanoglu E, Kocabeyoglu S, et al. The association of chronic topical prostaglandin analog use with Meibomian gland dysfunction. J Glaucoma. 2016:25(9):770-4
4. Block MS, Rowan BG. Hypochlorous Acid: A Review. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2020;78(9):1461-1466.
5. Stroman DW, Keri Mintun K, Epstein AB, et al. Reduction in bacterial load using hypochlorous acid hygiene solution on ocular skin. Clin Ophthalmol 11:707,2017.